Wednesday, May 15, 2019

I Just Wanted to Visit My Horse

This morning I went to visit Truby. I do this all the time, so I've gotten pretty good at it. I parked my car in the parking area, and followed the drive towards the barn.

I was actually looking at the ground, it's a good idea in the desert. Or at a barn. There's snakes and lizards and sleepy Golden Retrievers and poop of all kinds.

Suddenly I stopped short and my heart fell to the ground before leaping back up and slamming against my chest. My body realized before my brain that I was about TWO STEPS away from stepping right on a rattlesnake.




OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!





 pls do not step on snek



Once I got done dying, I did what any rational person would do, take pictures. Lucky for me, the drive splits to make a loop around the barn, so I was able to alter my course and walk down the far side of the drive. I stopped by to give Truby a pat, then walked back around to take another picture, because I'm stupid like that. 



 Warmed by the sun, she turned around and eventually left


Afterward, I took Truby for a nice little ride. We stayed in the arena the entire time. My original plan was to do 30 minutes in the ring then head out for a walk around the stable and maybe one of the turnouts, but for some reason I wanted to stay where the ground was clear and any snakes would be clearly visible. 



The mesquite trees are still pretty and bring green


Truby got a spa day. I was just going to wash her tail and legs (I'm trying out some Equiderma lotion on her leg scruff), but she was kinda icky with dirt and fly spray and sweat, so I decided to do a full bath. No pics, but she was soft and gleaming after! I tucked her into her fly sheet and let her enjoy the rest of her morning. Heading home, I stopped to watch this buzzard pick at his breakfast, a squashed ground squirrel (I think). 



Breakfast





It's all worth it to spend time with this silly face

No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...