Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tweet!

I had a couple different things I was going to blog about, but I've been putting it off because 1)tired 2)aggravated 3)busy. Shall we say Barn Drama and Life In General and leave it at that?

That's a bit boring, so let me tell you a little Truby story instead!


I was over at the ranch, just visiting. Mostly give Truby hugs and brushing her.

A flash of red caught my eye, and the REDDEST bird I've ever seen was sitting on the fence. 

It was SO red, it was unbelievable! 

Vermilion Flycatcher 


I really wanted to get a picture, so I tried to causally sneak up on it.

Sneak, sneak, sneak.

I got about halfway across the ring, when I paused to take a picture.

Yeah...I needed to get closer. Or get a real camera! 

I took my picture, and then felt something smooshy bump my shoulder!

It was a Truby!

Hello! 

Truby had been sneaking up on me, sneaking up on the bird!

I snuck a few more steps to see what she would do, and she continued to tiptoe behind me. 

Yay! Being sneaky! Having adventures! 

It was adorable. 

I never did get a better picture of my bird. I was laughing too much, and petting and hugging Truby, grateful that's she's Truby, and always there to cheer me up. Seriously, cutest pony. 

The bird I was sneaking up on was a Vermilion Flycatcher and in addition to being the brightest, reddest bird I think I've ever seen, was also quite interesting. When it became alarmed that I was too close it would fly away. But instead of away-away, it would fly up and then do a loop and land quite near to where it had started. It was really cool to see it fly up into the sky, arc around, and come back to sit on the fence. I saw it do it several times, so I guess that's what they do. 


Truby: Birdwatcher, Sneaker Up On-er 

1 comment:

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...