Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving, so you know that means the obligatory "what I'm thankful for" post. 
It can be fun to read through and see what other people are thankful for. Or why they're thankful for it. I have lots that I'm thankful for, so let's get started! 


Spoiler Alert: I bet one of the things I'm thankful
for is Truby. Probably. 





Friends


I'm thankful almost beyond words for the amazing people I have known over the years. Some people I knew in person, but now only keep in touch with online. Some people I met online and later became Real Life friends. And some friends I only know online. Some I will get to meet someday, and some I never will know in person. Some friends were friends only for a brief time, some pop in and out of life, and some are always there, steady and consistent. I'm lucky for all of you, thank you for being a part of my life!



I could explain this, but it's more fun not to
yes, that's a potato

Family


My family. I am so, so lucky to have the family I do. Sure, we're all kinda messed up, one way or the other, but we love and care for each other. I know I can ask almost any member of my family for help, and they'll give it to the best of their ability. Everyone is there for each other. We're a really weird group, but we have great senses of humor, and enjoy each other. 

Really, my friends are like family, and my family is like friends. In the best possible way!





Truby
This is obvious! I love this little gray mare. She's my entire life. 




Haiku and Sara



These two. My beloved housepets are getting old, but they're still my perfect friends. The days are long past that Haiku and I would go walking on the horse trails, or hiking with my dad. For a little lap dog, Haiku would go with us all day! Now we don't go much further than around the block, but it doesn't matter. She follows me around the house, hangs out with me, and keeps me happy.
Sara...such a tiny little cat has given me so much. Our days of competition and fame are well behind us, and it doesn't matter one little bit. I know her days are coming to a close, but she still snuggles with me and purrs and purrs and purrs. I'm thankful for each and every day I have left with her. 





Work

I'm grateful for my job. Despite the fact that my career was completely wrecked, I mean, temporarily paused, by coming to Tucson, it's given me some pretty amazing opportunities and I've gotten to meet incredible people and have unbelievable experiences. I'm not sure what's in store for me (probably a complete career change) but I always have skills to fall back on. 




Journies

While life here didn't turn out the way I hoped, it's been a fun and interesting place to live. I'm thankful for the ability to live in different places, experience different surroundings, and learn different ways of life. Tucson is very different from the East Coast for sure! I'm lucky to be able to try out different places, and hopefully find exactly the place I belong. 





Truby

I belong wherever Truby is.






1 comment:

  1. Wonderful things to be grateful for! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...