Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Desert Rain

In my last post, I told you about our dramatic pre-rainstorm walk into the desert. That fun evening was followed by several days of rain. Rain in the desert is a glorious event. It was chilly, and dark, and incredibly foggy much of the time.

There's supposed to be a whole mountain range behind those trees...



 A quick break in the rain


Dark for midday

And the rain returns...

It rained mostly during my "weekend", so I got to enjoy the rain. I slept in and listened to the rain fall outside my bedroom. I got to relax on the sofa, wrapped in a soft blanket and sipping hot cocoa, while the rain fell outside. It was lovely. 

Later, I went out to visit Truby. The rain had lightened to a light drizzle, so I took her out to play and roll. She *loved* it!


wheeee!!!!!



....I'll brush her later. Much later!



 It's nice having a stall with a run, but it's kind yuck.
At least it only rains like, 5 days a year.


As I left the rain returned and the mountains hid behind the clouds again



Tiny washout. I stopped to wonder if it was safe to drive through.
Then a schoolbus plowed through and I figured it was safe enough.



mini wash on the west side of the road


We have another weather event coming through tomorrow, so that should be fun. More rain, and mountain snow! Today however, it's warm and sunny. I'm going to see Truby, give her a good brush, and maybe go for a ride. We'll enjoy the sun today, and the rain tomorrow. 


*balance*

2 comments:

  1. ooo mountain snow! Our weather has been quite strange - super cold and threatening to rain and then not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mountain snow happened! I'll get some pictures up soon. We even got a minute or two of hail!

      I think all of this recent weather fun is actually your near misses. Thanks!

      Delete

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...