Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Just a Girl, Screaming Like a Goat, That Screams Like a Man

I realize that title only makes sense if you're a fan of the webcomic, Poorly Drawn Lines. If you're not familiar, let me help you out.


It's just been this, all the time



Over the last many weeks, I've been getting tireder and tireder. That's not really unusual for me (yay chronic pain problems!) but it is annoying. It was hard getting through a workday. Days off were spent napping. Trying to keep up my little exercise schedule dwindled to almost nothing. Trips to the barn were mostly short little guilt driven visits. Must go see horse I spend most of my money on, otherwise why have a horse? Must go give cookies so she still loves me. My time at the barn may not have been long, but Truby was always glad to see me!



Barn dog photobomb



This turned out fancy, except for the shadows



We had a solid week of monsoons. Every day some part of Tucson got some great storms. It wasn't often our area, but every day we had long bouts of rumbling thunder and some lightning. Sometimes most of the day. That week seems to have driven off most of the flies, so Truby is out of her fly sheet and only needs her mask. I think she's happy to be unwrapped! It's really nice to be able to be at the barn without the constant harassment of flies. There's still a few, but it's not too bad. 


I'm beginning to regain some energy, just in time for some vaccinations, which promptly knocked me right back out! And then Haiku decided to get sick, so we've had multiple vet visits with her, and one very sad little pup. Luckily she's improving, slowly but surely.



I took advantage of her misery to get a good photo


Auri has been growing steadily, and is starting to get a bit of a snotty teenager attitude. Just flashes, and it's still kinda cute. She's also discovered she can reach the top of the seven foot tall bookshelf. 


Master of all she surveys...




Still fits in a Prime box



I'm really hoping the next few weeks show an increase in my energy levels, and a decrease in sick pet levels. The weather is beginning to cool, just a bit, and soon it will be time to do outdoor stuff. Well, do outdoor stuff without dying of heat exhaustion and sunburn! I'm looking forward to exploring some new areas, and trying to take Truby out to the big wash for adventures. 


Truby mostly just wants pets and cookies

2 comments:

  1. I hope you and your pets feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think we're moving in the right direction. Some more slowly than others (I'm looking at you, Haiku!)

      Delete

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...