Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A NonTruby Adventure


One of my favorite Tucson people is a multi-talented artist. Last year I participated in a jewelry photoshoot that combined two of her loves, photography and making jewelry. Definitely not a "me" activity, but it was a ton of fun and we all had a great time.


Fun fact: it took about 3 days to fully remove all the eye makeup 



So a few weeks ago, when she asked if I could help out at another photoshoot, I of course agreed immediately! This time I just had to help hold a horse and get stuff. Much easier than putting on fake eyelashes and looking haughty.


Meet Daphne!


Daphne is kept at a super fancy ranch that's just a couple of miles from my apartment. I drive past it all the time, so a chance to wander around and look at all the gorgeous horses was a treat. And I was not disappointed! 


 Hello, I would like ten, please.



Oh, and 5 or 6 of these, too.
These beauties were in the jumper barn.


My job was easy. Hold the horse while her owner was doing solo shots. Daphne has great manners, so it was just a matter of walking when she was bored, trying to keep her from eating random stuff, and oogling my surroundings. 



There was 5? 24 stall barns, each stall had an attached outdoor stall.
Currently housing jumper, dressage, and western training and showing horses
Plus an onsite breeding barn with AI collection and veterinary services.



Trying, and failing, to get uppy ears


 This was fun. Bentley was holding a mirror, and Pamela was 
shooting into the mirror to get T and Daphne in the reflection


One of the outfits being recycled into a very posh duck blind

The hardest part of my day was trying to convince Daphne to get in juuuuuust the right position. After a few minutes of that, mostly I just got to hang out. Kinda like helping out at a horse show. Lots of walking, lots of looking at fanciness, and if you're lucky, not much else!


Getting her in place was sooo hard. 
Daphne refused to give me uppy ears :(






 This guy was SO FUNNY. He actually warmed himself up before galloping around and playing.
He walked  a loop, then jogged, then a loop at a slow canter.
Then he let loose, running and playing.






After seeing all those stunning show horses, it was nice to go see my fuzzy, scruffy Truby. 
We might not be fancy, but it works for us. 

1 comment:

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...