Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Spring is Springing

Just a quick post because I've gotten quite behind! After the fun of the snow all those weeks ago, I've mostly just been trying to get back into some sort of rhythm. My ankle is finally back to "normal", which now includes a new patch of puffiness, but I can use it and it no longer hurts, so yay?



 Yay!



I also spent almost two weeks being sick. And not interestingly sick, just boring sick. I caught the cold going around,  and while I was lucky not to be Super Sick, I was Super Exhausted All the Damn Time, which was way worse.





I still found some energy to ride, and Truby and I have had some very pleasant times. Mostly bareback to keep any strain off my ankle. We're up to 45 minutes of mostly walking, and even added in some trotting! The most exciting part is that we can even trot bareback!!! We can only hold it together for about a quarter way around the arena, but it's really exciting to start having back the ability to ride. I took way too many years off of serious riding, and to be able to start rediscovering those skills is thrilling!





Truby is staying sound, comfortable and happy. So in general, life is pretty good! She also has a new friend, a little Arabian named Annie. They're getting along well, and are so relaxed together. I love watching them explore the turnouts together. Spring has come to Tucson, and the property is covered in a knee high weed, but it's super pretty. The horses won't eat it, but the bees seem to enjoy it.


Enjoying a beautiful afternoon 

2 comments:

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...