Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Road Trip: The Painted Desert



Originally I was going to do a single post about our trip to Northern Arizona, but when I started going through pictures, it was REALLY hard to narrow it down, so I decided to break the pictures up in the places we went. There's no Truby here, but you'll get to see some incredible views of Arizona!


We ended up leaving a day early (YAY!) 
 Auri was not happy
She thought if she hid the directions we'd stay home with her.



Leaving Tucson, these are still the Catalina Mountains



Asked the husband to try and tailgate this guy so I could get a pic
That's a steer skull 



Driving through Salt River Canyon was TERRIFYING 



A whole lot of nothing
This area almost gave me an anxiety attack, no joke.



 The Painted Desert



 The views are okay, I guess







 If you like sweeping vistas, this is your place



 There were quite a few petroglyphs 



This is supposed to be a waterbird eating a frog




I really enjoyed all the different piles of rocks



That sounded sarcastic, but it's not.
Roooocccccckkkkkssssss!




 I think those *may* be rivers during monsoon season, but yeah, they're dry.



And then there's Blue Mesa



Which is breathtaking and amazing and no pictures did it justice


What I imagine some barren planet to look like



"Rockslide" of petrified wood





Blue Mesa is part of the Petrified Forest, but the parks are RIGHT next to each other and connect
By the time we finished hiking Blue Mesa, we were chasing daylight.
We went back the next morning to see more of the Petrified Forest.
Spoiler Alert: it was amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...