Friday, July 31, 2020

And We're Back!

I ended up taking a bit of a life break. I've been working hard, which is often physically hard, but with Covid Life, it's also mentally and emotionally draining. Some weeks are much worse than others, depending on how frustrated the local populace is. Sometimes it's been all I can do to make it through the day, hug Truby, and then blankly stare at whatever on Netflix until it's time for bed. Often that also leads to 4 or 5 hour naps on my days off, because dear god, I'm exhausted! 


ohmergherdMELONS!!!!


Knock on wood, things are slowly getting easier. Last week, after a draining day, I realized that other than my coworkers (who I'm friendly with, but not friends), everyone I talk to on a regular basis works from home. Somehow, just realizing that the people I talk with the most have no idea what life is like for me actually made me feel better? The mind is weird, and if that realization relieves some of my burden, I'm just gonna go with it.


We've gotten in a few Loop rides

It's also been hot with a capital HOT. I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise, as Arizona is known for its dry heat. But yeah. It can also sap your will to live. Between work, Covid Life, and the heat, Truby's mostly been enjoying the summer off. She and Cinco are still BFFs. 

Frens


We have had a couple of adventures that I want to share! Truby seems to have finally overcome her coughing, which I haven't blogged about yet because I kept wanting "a resolution" and kept not getting one and as time went on it was weirder and weirder to just jump into it. 
We also had our first saddle fitting experience, which was awesome!


She's getting so relaxed and comfortable on the Loop
makes me swoon a little


Truby doesn't seem to mind the heat, which is fantastic and a relief! She's still wrapped up in her fly PPE, which also provides some UV protection. She enjoys sunbathing, even when the boys are standing in the shade, under their fans. 

Monsoon is finally, finally upon us. We've gotten a couple of good storms, but it does mean  it's far more humid than usual. Which...is extremely unpleasant. Is it not enough to be over 100 degrees? Does it need to be humid too?! Actually...it does, to enable to monsoons to monsoon, but still! 



Will mug for cookies


Anyway, Truby and I are doing just fine. Tomorrow morning she gets her little hooveses trimmed and then maybe a little stroll around the property before it gets too hot. Then she gets some watermelon snacks and to relax and do Truby things for the rest of the day. 

I'll probably share some watermelon with her <3 


4 comments:

  1. My husband has been going to work right through - he is in hospital admin - and he has experienced that same feeling, like he's missing out or having a totally different take on something universal. I'm glad that you're still doing well with Truby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof, that's another rough job to have right now. I hope he has his own Truby in his life to help him through!

      Delete
  2. Life is taxing right now, always be gentle with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good advice! I'm doing my best...most of the time :P

      Delete

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...