Saturday, November 7, 2020

We Got Spooky

Intrigued by the permission to be spooky,
would like to hear more


The last few weeks have been exciting in Truby Land. We had a sudden, and huge temperature drop. The day it started we had a short, but heavy downpour (!!!!) which was amazing, as it's barely rained at all this year. It was windy and wild the rest of the day. I took Truby out for a handwalk on the Loop, to let her stretch out and hopefully keep her from getting too sore. Tucson can see big swings in temperatures day to night, and that makes a Truby rather painful, especially her legs/joints.

Despite the temperature drop and the wind, Truby was pretty well behaved, and only a little spooky. She was definitely grumpy and short strided at the start! It took almost a full third of the Loop before she warmed up enough to step out and enjoy herself. To be honest, it took me about that long as well!


She thinks it's overkill, but in the morning she doesn't 
want to get undressed :)


I was amused to see she dragged her hay outside
I guess she wanted to eat under the stars

After a couple days, it warmed right back up and we were in the 90s again, which made for a rather warm Halloween. We had a small outdoor party, which was a ton of fun. I took Truby for a little ride between setting up and putting out all the snacks. 


Parties are held by Truby's run so she can hang out


Since Truby is generally friendly and easy going, I bought some clown make up sticks and we had fun drawing on her. I did all of the work below (except the Cinco Loves Truby, that was M). She had more added throughout the evening, but I forgot to get pics. 

 
Boo!






SpoOOooky Spiders



Haunted House


M and I went for a post election ride, which was absolutely amazing. So relaxed and peaceful. We really needed something to take the edge off.

I'm always telling people that the coyotes around the barn are super chill. They're well fed, not mangy, and used to horses and people. We have "our" pack at the barn, but there's also a group at the Loop. 
They like to hang out by the turnout pens, and sometimes it can be hard to wake them up from their naps and convince them to get off the trail. They're literally like the old, fat farm dogs that are dopey and affable, and their worst trait is sleeping in the barn aisle. 




Her friend was a few feet away in the creosote bushes, just after I stopped filming. Kudos to Truby for being super calm and brave! Of course, she knows these guys, so again...just kinda like pushing barn dogs around. 

I've been self isolating the last few days, since one of my coworkers has been super sick. My covid test has come back negative, but it still meant a few days home while I waited. Luckily it was already my weekend, so not too bad as far as life disruption. Today I get to go to the barn again! We also have another weather change coming through, so hopefully some RAIN!!!!!

Those things, combined with the excellent news about Biden/Harris claiming the election (and AZ defeating McSally!!!) have me feeling calm and happy. Really looking forward to getting to hug Truby this afternoon <3 

Likes hugs, parties, but not pumpkin spice muffins





No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...