Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Mini Vacation

 Recently we went on a mini vacation. It was amazing and desperately needed! Bisbee is a cute little artsy/touristy town less than 2 hours from Tucson. Originally a mining town, it has some nice historical things to check out, as well as fabulous food, window shopping, a generally quirkiness to enjoy. 





This was our first visit, and we had no real plans other than relaxing and drinking Mexican Mochas. Highly successful with both! I'd been apprehensive about leaving Truby, she's had a hell of a year health-wise, but I'm glad I did. I know she's in good hands and constantly monitored, plus I asked our barn buddy A to give her some soaked hay pellets and cookies every day. A is an amazing horsewoman, and nothing gets past her eagle eyes!



Copper Mine - Lavender Pit


One evening we were eating passion fruit cheesecake and watching Men In Black 4, when I got a text from the barn owner. It simply said "Angel isn't doing well, call me". Now, Angel isn't my horse, but she lives next to Truby. I thought I'd better call just in case she mixed up the names by accident. When I called her, she launched straight into "well, Angel isn't doing great, EB said..." I waited for her to finish, and then asked "But, Angel,  not TRUBY, right?" There was a long pause, and then she said "I'm gonna call you back!"


Literally me, and I don't even have wine


A few minutes later, she called back, totally embarrassed. She had the right horse, but her brain immediately connected "sick grey horse" to "Beth". I laugh about it, but I'm also crying. She apologized several times, but I just laughed and told her no worries, I'd recently heard from A before the text/calls and knew Truby was okay. I thanked her for the laugh and wished Angel well. 

I'm grateful for the timing - had I not heard from A first I might have freaked out a little. (HA, I would have definitely freaked out a lot!) As it happened, I got a good laugh and got to finish my cheesecake in peace. Truby was great while we were gone, and sulked for two days when I got back. Mares are so dramatic! Oh, and Angel is fine too. Apparently she was super mad about a change in hay, speaking of dramatic. 


Just living her best life






No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...