Thursday, November 25, 2021

Trying Something New

 

Birthday Smooches
with our BFF massage lady


Our BFF massage therapist has been out for awhile with some health issues, so it's been a few months since Truby's last massage. With just time, and then everything she's been through recently, I noticed her looking a little stiff and sore. A couple times I've looked around for a new bodyworker, but ugh, It's so hard! My stress level has been turned up to 11, which didn't really help my motivation. 

Luckily, after a late afternoon walk on the Loop, I saw one of the other horses wearing a BEMER blanket. Since I'm clever, I asked the person in the stall in she was a bodyworker, and when she agreed she was, I told her I'd put Truby away and then come back to ask her some questions if she didn't mind.

She didn't, and after chatting a bit, we set up an appointment. I warned her Truby can be restless and impatient, but is never mean. She was unconcerned and said she could definitely work around that. 



Super cute in her therapy blankie


She started by just hanging out with Truby and making friends while I gave her Truby's history, which has been exciting recently (facepalm). She carefully eased the blanket on and let her cook. Truby didn't mind it at all, and happily munched her hay. Afterwards, she gave Tru a thorough massage, checking all over. Truby mostly just kept eating, but occasionally needed to walk off a bit and process. She was less fidgety than I thought she'd be. 

The report was good: some soreness in the major muscle groups, but not anything unusual or concerning, she just needed a little massage to loosen it back up. She was impressed with her range of motion, and thought it was excellent for an older horse. There wasn't a dramatic before and after, in my opinion, but there isn't always. Truby was happy, and moving nicely afterward. New bodyworker was fun to be around, and she was great with Truby, the most important thing! She was much more expensive than I'd hoped, but it was okay to try out the BEMER technology and try someone new. She was totally understanding with us having a regular person I hoped to stay with, and didn't seem bothered that we might not stay with her or be frequent with appointments. I definitely appreciated that! 

I hope our BFF massager is able to continue taking care of Truby, but it's good to know there's someone we can rely on! There's another person I have bookmarked to try maybe in a couple of months. So I'll revisit that later, depending on how Truby is feeling and how BFF massager is doing. 


Flippity floppity ears





2 comments:

  1. I've been doing BEMER treatments for about 2 years now (gosh time flies) and my horse has been pretty great body wise. Hope it helps Truby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of the reason's I wanted to try it!

    ReplyDelete

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...