Monday, May 21, 2018

Goodbyes


Hear the whistle blow,
It echos down my soul





It's something I have always known,
Nothing sounds so sad.






A cry to the unknown,
The fundamental sigh of all who've gone this way before.






Lay me down to sleep
Come and comfort me






I'll sleep in peace
In a house of broken dreams.






I'm old enough to know,
that dreams are quickly spent.






Like a pouring rain on warm cemement
Or fingerprints in dust







Nectar on the wind,
Save it for tomorrow and tomorrow lets you down again.








Lay me down to sleep,
Come and comfort me






I'll sleep in peace,
In a house of broken dreams.









Give me the reasons to go on





Soften the sorrow that shatters and bends






and mend
broken dreams








Sentimental hearts, hungry for the past.
Penniless at the wishing well, memories will last.





They cover certain scars







Acquired in daily grind of being what we are.







Lay me down to sleep,
come and comfort me




I'll sleep in peace, 
in a house of broken dreams






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









Good journies, little cat. You were the best friend anyone could ever want. You made my life better each and every day. Thank you for an amazing life together. 
Enjoy your next adventure - I'll see you soon enough. 













Lyrics borrowed from Mark Heard "House of Broken Dreams"

1 comment:

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...