Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Some Peaceful, Easy Feelings

Ponies in the morning sun

I'm loving the last week or so of barn time. Every day is warm, sunny, quiet. The ponies are soft, everyone is relaxed, and peace fills everything in between. I've been able to ride quite a few times, continuing a gentle conditioning for both Truby and I. 20 minutes of (bareback) walk work, with some attempts at lateral work and a little bit of trot for fun. 


Plus a few minutes of just looking and enjoying life.


Sunday I thought I might ride, but it was just so relaxing to sit in the sun and watch Truby amble around, looking for snacks, that I decided not to. Not a huge decision, but something just seemed to say 'just be'. I soaked up some vitamin D (without bursting into flames!), listened to the birds, and loved on Truby whenever she came over. 







                 

Cinco's owner dragged the arena, and it's much nicer for riding in, but a bit rocky. For weeks I've been saying I need to start picking up rocks. Tuesday morning I finally started! Truby had a routine vet appointment, so I picked up rocks while I waited. Thankfully they were running pretty much on time, so I only had time to collect a bucketful.


One section down, most of the ring to go


Truby got a good report from the doctor, who said that she looked in perfect health! Truby had fun mugging treats and getting lots of attention, and I was proud of her for being reasonably well behaved. Even when begging for cookies she didn't move her feet, just nuzzled people. Cute, and minimally pesky. 




A little later I'm going to meet a friend from the old barn. We're going to drink Mount Lemonades (a play on Mount Lemon in the Catalina Mountains) which is a delicious fizzy lemonade with prickly pear flavoring, yum! We're going to chat and gossip and catch up on drama (barn drama is the BEST, at least, when it doesn't affect you personally). We're going to pet ponies and give them cookies and maybe even ride Truby a bit. 

Early fall in Tucson. It really can't be beat! (With my apologies to everyone getting hit with snowstorms right now. Just remember, you had your beautiful summer...now it's my chance to be outside! Make a snowman for me?)




1 comment:

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...