Friday, December 27, 2019

Truby's Christmas



I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was pretty nice. Quiet, relaxing, full of Truby. Pretty much all I want in life.



We got a bunch of rain for Christmas, which is fantastic! The horses spent Christmas Eve day in their stalls, avoiding the morning downpour. But the afternoon was warm and sunny, so I let Truby have an early Christmas present - I took off her rain sheet and let her roll in the wet sand.



Now carrying about 10 square yards of arena dirt on herself, we let her and Cinco out in the big field. Usually Cinco runs around and plays, but today Truby was feeling feisty and joined in the fun!



While they were out being wild, I spread an extra bag of fluffy shavings in Truby's stall, scrubbed her water tub and put some carrots in her hanging toy. We got even more rain that night, and it was nice to think of Truby sleeping in a big pile of fresh shavings.




Christmas day was lazy over at my house. But I managed to make it out to give Truby her presents. I don't believe in spoiling my animals on Christmas. I make sure to spoil them ALL year long. But, somehow there's always something extra on Christmas!


COOKIES!!


Thursday was bright, sunny, and warm. Knowing more (!!!!) rain was on the way, I took Truby for a nice walk on the Loop. They recently put down new footing (they spread the used bedding from the barn and it's surprising nice) and it was kinda fluffy and springy. Truby was totally chill and we had a nice afternoon walk. She declined rolling afterward, which was nice - the sheet went back on for the rain that would arrive in the night.




Today (Friday) is chilly and rainy. The mountains have lots of snow, and are just beginning to emerge from the clouds. It's in the 40s, but I'm still hoping we get some snow down in the valley!





1 comment:

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...