Thursday, June 21, 2018

Here Comes the Rains Again



Happy Monsoon Season! I'm running a week behind. It's actually the first day of summer, but let's face it, it's almost always summer in Tucson. Monsoon Season runs from June 15 to September 15, and is when we get most of our rain. The storms we got were actually the remnants of Hurricane Bud, so not technically not monsoons, but any rain that falls during that time period counts as monsoon rains, so we got off to a record start. Yay, Bud!  




Friday afternoon, waiting for Bud













I went to the barn after work on Friday, hoping to get a little Truby Time before the storms came through. I needn't have worried, a gentle but steady rain fell almost all night in Saturday morning, but didn't start until later Friday evening.

Truby and I went for a short little ride to enjoy the cool temps (in the 80s!), feel the breeze picking up, and feel the excitement of a Big Storm Coming. I didn't want to feel it TOO much, so we stayed in the safety of the riding ring.

I was pretty disappointed. I was expected big storms, not gentle pitter patter rain. When I woke up Saturday morning, I got the storms I wanted! A huge thunderstorm went right overhead, with heavy rain, big thunder, and blinding lightning. Even better, it was over by the time I had to leave for work.





Some more short heavy downpours and another thunderstorm blew through later that day, and by afternoon, they were gone. It was hot, sunny, and humid.

Truby seemed to have enjoyed the rain, judging by her muddy coat on Sunday! She's not enjoying her new flysheet though. The flies are really bad, and in the last few weeks Truby's gotten really itchy. So I got her a super fancy flysheet. It's helping, but she's not thrilled.


Loves it. Its great. Yup.


I had to get a CT Scan on Monday, so I lost the early part of this week to barium. I had to drink a couple pints of that nasty stuff, which made me feel dizzy and nauseated. Luckily that's over with, and I'm probably fine, but I felt pretty lousy until that stuff worked out of my body. I even went TWO DAYS without visiting my princess. Spoiler alert - she's fine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...