Wednesday, June 13, 2018

HOT

It's been quiet over in Trubyland. The desert is really heating up. The last time it rained was the end of February, so it's also incredibly dry. Humidity is in the single digits.




This sign is located a little past the entrance to Truby's community. Last year the Burro Fire started by some kids shooting cans not too far from here.

I saw a coyote crossing the road when I went to get the video. I got a surprise when I got back in my car though...doesn't he look like he's a kid posing for tourist photos?



Smile!



I hastily rolled up the windows when he walked OVER TO MY CAR



He was kinda scrawny and sketchy looking. The coyotes in the Cebadilla neighborhood are usually plump and sleek. Still, it was a neat encounter! At least...until he headed right over to my car. I'm pretty sure he would have jumped in given the chance.

Truby is handling the heat just fine. She has a nice shady turn out area, and she loves her cool, airy stall and her fan. She also loves her attached run. I often see her dozing happily in the sun! 



Flies are getting really bite-y. 


Last weekend we went for a little bareback ride on the Backyard Trail. The first time we did that I dragged the mounting block out to Kilo Turnout, and got on there. That was months ago. We've handwalked many times since, but haven't ridden out. This time I got on in the ring, walked around the barn and through Kilo. Truby was a little jazzed up, but was great! She walked at normal speed on the trail and we enjoyed ourselves. 




Going on an adventure!




On the way back to the barn




Begging for watermelon 



We're definitely in the red, maybe getting some purple


The next few days are supposed to be insanely hot and dry. But this weekend tropical activity "Bud" is going to bring some rain! A lot of rain, hopefully. We're expected to get "exciting" storms Friday and Saturday, and much color temps. I have to work those days, but I'm still really excited! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...