Thursday, October 25, 2018

Surprise Auri!



Auri got spayed recently, which I think means she's a grown up cat and not my little baby kitten anymore, technically. But don't worry, she's still my little baby kitten! We took her home the same day as her procedure, so she was still under the influence.


And ANGRY


Everything went well, and husband picked her up because I got stuck at work. When I came home he was sitting on the living room floor doing his schoolwork, so he could be close to Auri and keep an eye on her. It made my heart melt a little  a lot. 

She has the cutest little cone of shame! It says "under construction" and has cute little sayings like "spoil me" and "Hug me" and for some reason "I"ll be back". Ummmm...one of these things is not like the other.

Anyway. 

Auri has adjusted quite well to her cone, and even kinda likes it. It's fun watching her move around the house. If she gets stuck or caught up on something, she works out how to handle it, and thinks she's quite clever and is rather proud of herself. It's adorable. 

But the first night...she figured out how to eat her dinner without problem, but not how to drink. This led to some hilarity at her drugged little kitten expense. First, we tried a little pie tin. Something she could easily reach without knocking the e-collar against. 





Next, we tried the heavy ceramic cooking pot. 





And finally, supervised without the e-collar





She's figured out the whole drinking thing now. But it was pretty funny watching her. Poor kitty, drugs are bad, m'kay? 



Her nickname is Murder Kitten for reasons







Auri is recovering well and should be out of her cone in a few more days. 
I hope you enjoyed her silliness!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...