Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Home(sick)!



I'm back from Mexico! I had a wonderful week and enjoyed almost every minute of it. The weather was perfect, the water (the Gulf and pools) were perfect, the resort was amazing, and the people were wonderful. 10/10 will go again!

I got home late last Tuesday night, and headed to the barn Wednesday morning to see Truby. And she was mad.


Harumphhh


I heard that Truby missed me. Whenever Cinco's mom went to give her special attention, she would come up, all excited, but then realize that it wasn't me, and then sigh and wander away. Husband went out a few times to visit, and everyone at the barn gave her extra love, but apparently it didn't take the place of me.

Which kinda makes me feel good. I'm special! My horse likes me best! Yay! But...she wasn't thrilled when I showed up after a week away. She sulked. She put her ears back. She was Moody Mare. 


I'm mad at you, so I'm gonna play with your pitchfork!
I will punish you by being adorable!




 Looking majestic 



Wednesday was Farrier Day. One of the other horses had foundered just before I left, so our farrier called in another farrier to consult. She was super friendly, knowledgeable, and fascinating to listen to. Apparently she does quite a bit of teaching as well as trimming. It was a beautiful sunny day, and all of us were there, so it was just a lovely day at the barn. Learning about feet, talking to friends, petting our ponies. What else is better?


Truby says; Yeah, this is great.




Consulting farrier teaching us to draw on hooves



Truby was so relaxed she fell asleep



Once they had finished with Primo, we of course had to have the consulting farrier look at Cowgirl and Truby, just for lolz. Truby's feet are actually pretty good (especially for being Halter bred) but she has a funky hoof from an injury to her cornary band as a weanling. I always like to hear what people have to say about it. 

At one point, the consult was trying to explain something to our regular farrier, and she sighed and said "It's hard to explain when the horse's feet aren't messed up!" A weird compliment, but hey, Truby has good feet! Who doesn't love to hear that? 

It was a fun morning at the barn, although I was pretty tired and feeling kinda sick from our travel home the day before. I continued to be sick all week, and finally gave in and saw my doctor today. She agreed that I definitely was ill, but thinks it's just some random virus I picked up while travelling. I'm bummed. If I've been sick for a whole week, I want to HAVE something. C'mon, let me have Zika or Dengue fever or something. Ah, well. Maybe next time!


Auri was happy I came home


2 comments:

  1. It's hard not to get homesick when you have such cute animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! If only I could have brought them with me!

      Delete

 It took a long moment before I could even ask the question. I leaned against Truby and ran my hand along her neck, underneath her mane. &qu...